KICK OUT COVID-19
Kick Out Covid-19 is an action group of individuals and organisations from the sports, entertainment and business communities in Zambia. We are concerned citizens, aware of the severe impact that Covid-19 is likely to have on the poorest and most vulnerable in our society. Working together, we’re convinced we can make a difference and reduce the impact of the pandemic locally.
Founded by Sport in Action in partnership with Special Olympics Zambia and the University of East London the movement’s objectives are:
- to contribute to resources and efforts in communications for prevention of COVID19 through production of visual and audio tools to be used on main stream and social media platforms,
- contribute to the provision of COVID19 prevention materials,
- inspire a call to action at individual levels and facilitate general public contributions to most vulnerable children’s COVID19 prevention and mitigation needs,
- (d)generate surveys and research related to young people including disabled children’s contribution to the COVID19 fight as well as impact of the sports movement’s interventions on the COVID19 fight in Zambia, and
- generate and share content to assist individuals and families under lockdown endure the long stay-home period including physical exercises, positive recreational games, nutritional and other wellness aspects.
Who We Are
Sport In Action (SIA) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) whose purpose is to improve people’s quality of life through sport and recreational activities. Founded in 1998, Sport in Action was the first Zambian sports NGO and its programmes now positively impact the lives of thousands of children throughout the 12 districts in Zambia.
Sport in Action staff, supported by a team of volunteers, work towards transforming the lives of children, many of whom come from challenging backgrounds. Through education we aim to enhance young people’s knowledge in topical areas of health and life skills, with a view to developing motivation, self-development and self-reliance through social, cultural and economic empowerment.
SIA and Wallace Group (Volunteer Zambia Project) construct Netball Court for Chitanda Combined School in Matero
Sport In Action (SIA) in partnership with Volunteer Zambia from the UK on Friday 19th…